In a connected world, companies must target consumer’s micro-moments. What is a micro-moment? It is every time someone consults the web (most likely Google) for answers. The “Where should I eat”, “Where do I buy..” are moments companies must take advantage of. As the increase of information, and need for immediacy continues to define this generation, the likelihood of having “loyal” customers is slim.
So how do we capture today’s consumer? Well there are many online tools, but the most prominent is the wealth of Google tools available. Google is an assembly line, you can use their tools, and out pops results (or to be technical, ROI).
Here are some tools:
Or if you want to test the responsiveness of your mobile site, try optimizing it using Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test! Just play around with Google Developer products, you will be amazed how cool the products can be!
OR if you want to assess your domain’s makeup via CName, DNS records etc. Try this cool Google Developer tool! Or you can technically audit a web application or website’s HTML, or CSS through Chrome Developer tools than can be initialized here.
These are just some of the many tools available, that can all be managed on the go from your phone!
Just to sound diversified, and not another Google fan girl, I should mention Facebook. Facebook’s APIs accessed through Facebook Developer pages are a great way to further dive into the complexities of Facebook!
However for purely a growth strategy you can go to Facebook Blueprint, and take lessons on how to use paid advertising to target look-a-like audiences and new segments! All you got to do is follow the steps below:
So many firms offer digital or technical consulting and the services are often divided like this…..
- Digital marketing Strategy
- Website content recommendations to improve SEO
- Website usability suggestions and increased calls-to-action
- Google Analytics customization and conversion tracking
- Editorial content planning for SEO and social
- Social media marketing and paid content amplification
- Google AdWords and Bing Advertising (PPC)
- Media buying with a direct response marketing focus
- Blog posts and blogger outreach to key opinion leaders (KOLs)
- Paid Media Optimization
- RTB & Programmatic Buying
- Remarketing and Retargeting Direct
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Outreach
- Retargeting via Quantcast, AdRoll, Rocketfuel
- Google AdWords and the Google Display Network (GDN)
- Facebook Promoted Posts and Custom Audiences
- Twitter Promoted Accounts, Promoted Tweets, and Custom Audiences
- YouTube In-Stream, TrueView In-Stream, In-Search, and InVideo Ads
- Meerkat and Periscope Campaigns
- Instagram Advertising Campaigns
- Pinterest Advertising Campaigns
- WeChat, Weibo, and Baidu Chinese Advertising
- Social Media & Opinion Outreach
- Facebook: Gaining more business from followers through sponsored posts, promoted page campaigns, building custom audiences, and conversion tracking
- Twitter: Driving leads or sales far beyond promoted Tweets using retargeting, custom lead generation cards, promoted accounts
- Instagram: Running Instagram advertising in the form of sponsored photos and videos to target users based on their activity on Instagram and Facebook
- YouTube: Leveraging brand presence through a custom Brand Channel, video and mobile ads, with behavioral and demographic targeting
- LinkedIn: Boosting B2B-business leads with numerous ad options, including LinkedIn Lead Accelerator, which integrates with marketing automation
- Pinterest: Helping establish the correct Pinterest Business account, utilizing ads and Promoted Pins to drive traffic
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Outreach: Finding the perfect KOL leaders to promote your product on social and boost engagement/fan interaction
For each SEO project, start at the beginning, with the keyword research process. Then work this into a review of the site content and use these findings for content development recommendations. Comprehensive SEO audits include detailed checks on technical and usability aspects of a website.
Once a website shows up in organic search results, the next step is to get users to click on the search results. Adhere strictly to best practices when it comes to SEO (called White Hat in the industry). Closely follow the guidelines set out by Google, Bing and Yahoo! for ensuring that the search engines serve up quality search results and that users have the best search experience.
- Mobile and Application Marketing
- Responsive design recommendations to ensure your site is user-friendly on all screen sizes
- Analyzing mobile behavior on your website and optimizing conversion points to capture that traffic most effectively
- Creating mobile-geared email campaigns
- Targeting ads based on type of smartphone used and location of user
- Securing your local listings so your business shows up in local smartphone search results, reviews, and smartphone maps
- Email and Marketing Automation
Integrating email campaigns with your customer relationship management (CRM) strategy allows distinct content targeting for leads, contacts, and clients. Specialists in drip marketing and lead nurturing, have extensive experience coordinating the initiatives of various email, automation, and CRM platforms so all the cogs work seamlessly together. These platforms include:
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Vertical Response
- Video Marketing
Craft multi-platform strategies leading up to video launch, creating an eager audience — and keep your video gaining views through sustained conversation and search presence. Tactics include:
- Promoting on YouTube with Fan Finder, remarketing, behavioral and demographic targeting
- Advertising using Google AdWords for Video
- Driving views through email and social media campaigns
- Key Opinion Leader outreach (top users sharing your video)
- Integrating SEO into video for better search rankings
8. Web Development refurbishing, and Rebranding
These are the primary functions a digital agency would charge.
I think another key competency to understand when discussing Digital Consulting is satisfying Asian markets. Take a look at this Asian social media landscape: